I am a very complicated woman. I have never completely fit into anyone's idea of "normal" or "acceptable". There is no box for me... no political or religious perspective that covers the entirety of who I am. I can argue any side of any perspective, and I genuinely do respect everyone's right to have a different opinion than mine. There are aspects of the Democratic platform that I could embrace (few, but some) and there are attitudes within the Republican platform that I disagree with. I can even agree with some libertarian ideals (the less extreme versions). I could never be a socialist or a communist, but I can have an intelligent conversation with them without being angry or offensive.
Truth be told, I believe anyone who believes in God, should want to care for the earth and live responsibly on it. This doesn't make me a "tree hugger", but I do love trees and their awesome ability to make breathable air. I want my food to be as natural and chemical free as possible and I hate that Americans waste so much, of everything. I value human life over animals, and jobs that employ and feed Americans over regulations and taxes that put people out of work. I believe our Constitution is enough the way it was written and has no need for misguided judges changing the words or adding to it. I believe in law and order and respect of authority while I acknowledge that not everyone wearing a badge or holding a governmental position is worthy of such responsibility. I think its ridiculous that addicts spend their lives in and out of prison while child molesters and rapists get trivial sentences.
I believe in free enterprise and capitalism while I hate that people store up wealth rather than use it to make the world a better place.
I believe in God, the Bible, and the love of Jesus Christ, soooo much that I meet everyone right where they're at without judgement or condemnation. I love drug addicts and felons, and even gay people.... basically all the "untouchable" people that religious hypocrites are too good for. I even love the religious hypocrites that believe somehow God has now made them the police and regulators of humanity. (Just for the record, policing and regulations are about maintaining and controlling, not change)
In a perfect world, for me, we wouldn't need politicians and government intervention, because we would all respect everyone's right to be who they are and live at peace with one another. We would be so busy working the land and growing and preserving our own food, and raising our own animals for meat and leather and fur (you know, what God intended them for) that we wouldn't have time to care about other people's business. We would be living in healthy community that understands the need for team work and helping those in need. We would understand that the church is called to care for the poor, the widows, and the orphans, because the government really sucks at it.
In short, I am a conservative, liberal, gun owning, animal lover/killer, Christian, pro-military, passivist, modern, old fashioned, home maker, business woman, who believes love and compassion changes the world, but if you break into my house in the middle of the night, I'll shoot you dead and pray for your soul and your family while I stand over your bleeding out body waiting for the police to come and bag you up.
Like I said.... I'm complicated.
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment